Schedule / 7 March 2022
Gulf Metaverse 2.0 Film Festival Opening with Róisín Tapponi
Talk → 3:15 pm
The Gulf Metaverse 2.0 is a short program featuring 10 artist films from the Gulf that explore cultural shifts, digital transmission, and speculative futures curated Róisín Tapponi and sponsored by Shasha Movies.
This registration is for the in-person talk by Róisín Tapponi on the FIRST DAY of screenings of the film program. The first screenings will take place in the Atrium on 7th March 2022 at 3:15 PM for the VCUarts Qatar community only.
7 March 2022
- Tayseer (2021, 15’) dir. Khalida Bataweel
- Glaze (2021, 35’) dir. Moza Almatrooshi
8 March 2022
- A DIY of a Dream 101 (2021, 6’) dir. Qamar Abdulmalik
- I Engrave (2016, 7’) dir. Reem Falaknaz
- The Girls Who Burned The Night (2020, 24’) dir. Sara Mesfer
9 March 2022
- Seeds After Black Gold (2021, 8’) dir. Razan Al Sarraf
- Glimpses of Now (2021, 48’) dir. Mohammed al Faraj
10 March 2022
- The Green Light (2021, 7’) dir. Ahaad Alamoudi
- Salad Zone (2013) dir. Sarah Abu Abdallah
- The Sky Oscillates Between Eternity and Its Immediate Consequences (2021, 18’) dir. Nadim Choufi
Films are screened as part of the Gulf Metaverse 2.0 program curated by Róisín Tapponi (Assyrian Iraqi-Irish film curator, programmer, writer, and academic)
The screening is taking place in the Atrium on 7th March 2022 at 3:15 PM for the VCUarts Qatar community only.
Films are streamed via Shashamovies.com.Register